Monday, December 15, 2014

North and South Read Along



Since I really enjoyed doing The Book Thief read along last year, it's time to sign up for another one. The lovely bloggers Suey, Kami, & Jenni are hosting a North and South read along and I'm in!

Here's the schedule:
**January 1 to 10: Chapter 1 to 28
(Discussion hosted by Jenni Elyse.)

**January 11 to 20: Chapter 29 to 35
(Discussion hosted by Kami's Library Thoughts.)

**January 21 to 31: Chapter 36 to end
(Discussion hosted by It's All About Books.)

I know absolutely nothing about the book (or the movie) so this should be fun. I'm guessing it's a Civil War book? Maybe? Also this book is in the public domain (meaning, free). Kindle link Google book link

If you'd like to join, sign up at either of the three blogs by clicking on the names above!

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about doing this too. I've never done a read along before. Historical fiction isn't quite up my alley, though, so I'm still debating ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join! It is like a Jane Austen book. If you like her, you'll like this!

      Delete
  2. It isn't about the Civil War. It takes place in England. The girl is from the south where they own a lot of land and stuff, like the Austen characters. The guy is from the North where they have mills and factories.

    I'm excited you joined!! I love the show, but I haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you're joining us!!! Woo hoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Kathy... this is not the Civil War book. You are thinking of the John Jakes book also called North and South, which IS about the Civil War. They did an awesome TV mini series about that one starring Patrick Swayze back in the 80s. I loved it. But this is a whole different North and South! :)

    ReplyDelete