Monday, December 1, 2014

A Little Update

I've hardly been around the blogging world lately (as in most of 2014) but here's why:


She's all cheeks and puffy sleeves

I had a little girl! She's two months old today. There was a medical emergency during labor so I ended up in a very fast c-section. It was kinda scary. (I lost a lot of blood and they had to pump the baby's stomach right after she was born. But she didn't have to go to the NICU and although they thought I'd need a transfusion I ended up not) So the recovery was tough and I didn't feel like doing much.

Channeling a zombie, meeting the baby for the first time.
At least I didn't need to be turned into a vampire.




But! I'm slowly trying to get back into things so I'll hopefully be around the blog more. I've missed everyone!

In the mean time, have you guys seen PulseIt's 31 Days of Reading? There's a free book to read every day this month. One more thing to be excited for in December. What has everyone else been up to? How was your Thanksgiving?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats! Glad to hear you and the baby have both recovered. Here's hoping the rest of your recovery goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are definitely doing better. :)

      Delete
  2. Kathy, that sounds so scary! So glad that all went well. See you very very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're okay. I knew you sad her birth was a little traumatic on Facebook, but I didn't realize how traumatic it was. I'm glad both you and her are doing well. One of these days, you need to tell me where her name comes from. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry I kept meaning to tell you the story about her name. It's not really that cool... Rusty knew someone in Brazil with that name and he liked it. I liked it, too so we went with it. As far as I know it doesn't mean anything.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry the delivery was so rough, but glad that it had a safe and happy ending. She's beautiful! Congrats on your little one, she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely having fun being mom to a little girl :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your little princess! Such a cutie :-) I am sorry to hear that you both had such a rough time when she first came into this world. I hope you and your family have a lovely December month, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Glad mother and baby are both doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you and the baby are doing good now! It was fun to see you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. She's so cute! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete