Saturday, August 23, 2014

Utah Book Month Author Spotlight: Elana Johnson & WriteOnCon

I've had the chance to feature local YA author Elana Johnson and her books a couple of times on my blog before, so today I want to highlight something really cool she's involved with: WriteOnCon!

WriteOnCon is a free online writer's conference held each summer. This year's will be held this upcoming Tuesday and Wednesday, August 26-27. Elana is one of seven authors, and several agents, who will participate. They'll be offering critiques on queries, pitches, and first five pages for people who register and post on the WriteOnCon website.

And it's all free!

I wish I were a little further along with my own writing to take advantage of WriteOnCon this year, but hopefully I'll able to participate next summer!

Here's a little more about Elana Johnson, should you come across her at WriteOnCon this week:

About Elana Johnson: 
Elana Johnson’s work, including Possession, Surrender, Abandon, and Regret, published by Simon Pulse (Simon & Schuster), is available now everywhere books are sold. Her popular ebook, From the Query to the Call, is also available for download, as well as a Possession short story, Resist. School teacher by day, Query Ninja by night, you can find her online at her personal blog or Twitter. She also co-founded the Query Tracker blog, and contributes to the League of Extraordinary Writers.

Find Elana Online:

3 comments:

  1. Fun spotlight! I have never heard of WriteOnCon. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I want to do this! When I be ready? Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool thing to be involved in. I wish I could go (work) and I had something to show. Thanks for spotlighting this.

    ReplyDelete