Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After Sneak Peek

Isla and the Happily Ever After (sneak peek)
by Stephanie Perkins

The Summary Says:
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.
Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, √Čtienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.

I Say:
Can it please be August 14 already? I've been so excited to read Isla since I finished Anna and the French Kiss. It's one of my all-time favorite contemporary romances and I couldn't wait to revisit Paris and SOAP and so many of the characters I loved from the story. I didn't think anything could get me more pumped up for Isla, until I read this preview. From the adorable beginning when a post-surgery, drugged-up Isla runs into Josh at a local cafe, to the hints of a budding feelings between the two in Paris, I couldn't read this preview fast enough.
Isla is only mentioned in passing a couple of times in Anna, but I liked her immediately. She's sweet and introverted, and she's got it adorably bad for Josh. I thought I had a good feel for Josh's character in Anna - funny, carefree, maybe a little irresponsible. But shy, quiet Isla sees him in a different light, and so do readers. I can't wait to read more about the two of them. And you can too

Just So You Know:
I received a free 50 page preview from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion. Isla and the Happily Ever After releases Thursday, August 14.

2 comments:

  1. These sneak peak things make me crazy. I just want to whole thing! I look forward to reading this one too.

    ReplyDelete