Monday, April 14, 2014

When Do You DNF? TV Edition

I haven't been reading much lately, but we're in the middle of an Amazon Prime trial. Which means lots and lots o'TV. It has Veronica Mars. And Friday Night Lights. And How I Met Your Mother. All for free!

But I'm not trying to be a commercial here. I have a problem. Everyone keeps recommending these shows to me. Now I've watched the first couple episodes. And I'm not in love. (How does anyone want Veronica and Logan together? He's so completely awful!)

So I turn to you, my book loving (and TV loving!) friends. How many episodes do you give a show before you decide it's not for you?



Or for those series specifically, is there a better place to start than the very beginning? Do you have a favorite episode/season I should check out?

2 comments:

  1. I tried watching Friday Night Lights too recently, and I could NOT get into. I didn't even finish the first episode. But I don't like dramas, so it might just be me.

    Veronica Mars, I found really addicting. I think the first season is the best and is pretty consistent in terms of quality, so if you're not into it by 3-4 episodes in, it might just not be for you. Though I have to say, Logan--even though I still struggled with him through season 3--definitely develops as a character as season 1 progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit TV shows when they stop being fun. I think three or so episodes is enough. By then you'll know if you're interested enough to keep watching to wait for the show to settle into its groove.

    ReplyDelete