Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Blogging Goals

Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is 2014 Blogging Goals. Play along at The Broke & The Bookish.



For my blog:

1. Get more book reviews up on the blog. I'm trying for 3 full reviews a month.
I don't know why this has been so hard for me lately. I usually read a lot more than 3 books a month...

2. Finish my challenges this year. 
I'm hoping to read a book for the Diversity challenge every month. I'm really excited for these!

3. Do more to read and promote local authors and their books, not just during Utah Book Month.
There are so many local author people, and I'm hoping to get to know more as I try this whole writing business, too.

4. Accept more author guest posts/interviews/etc type posts
I know I'm a tough reviewer, so it's pretty rare that I accept someone's review request. But some of the books still sound cool, or like they'd appeal to some of the people I know read my blog.

5. To go with that, update my review policy
And my book reviews list, and other little things on the blog.


For myself:

6. Revise/rewrite/do something with the story I wrote for NaNoWriMo in November.
I need to get on this quick, because I already feel my resolve waning.

7. Waste less time online.
Sometimes an hour (or more) :( can disappear without me having accomplished anything.

8. Keep going to book club and author signings and other things with my bookish friends.
We moved last summer and I still feel like I'm having a hard time making friends in my neighborhood. So I want to make sure I keep up with all the great blogging friends I've made.

9. Get my kids out of the house more.
All this snow and cold has made us boring. My oldest is starting ice skating lessons soon, so that should help.

10. Eat more vegetables. 
I really like them. I've been in a peas/carrots/salad rut, so I'm hoping to try some new ones this year.

What are some things you hope to accomplish in 2014?

17 comments:

  1. That's a lot of goals and good luck with them! http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-brand-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome resolutions, I hope you complete them, every single one! <3
    Here's Our TTT
    Doris OABR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand your desire to waste less time online. Between Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter....I am in some deep trouble sometimes!

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky to live in a state with such a dynamic author/writing scene. I wish it had been that way when I lived in Utah. Maybe I'll have to move back ...

    Happy New Year! And good luck with all your resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun goals. I definitely would like to get more reviews up too...of course I guess that means I need to read more too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Online is so distracting and you hardly ever do anything most of the time! I find myself just refreshing pages for about half an hour and that's about it.
    Sometimes I find I struggle with writing reviews so I've started writing it as soon as I've finished the book so that all of my feelings about the book are still fresh, and it's been working.
    Good luck with your goals/resolutions, Kathy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such great goals! I love all of these, but I am DEFINITELY with you on not wasting time on the internet. I now can't afford it with my schedule so I need to be stricter with myself. I wish you good luck on all of these, but especially the Nano goal because YAY WRITING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with all of your goals! #5 reminds me that I need to update my review archive DESPERATELY. (Even though yours wasn't about the review archive, it did remind me. So thanks for that! Even if I do hate updating the archive.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waste less time online is a good one I need to use myself, but sometimes it's really hard! :L
    And I wish I could join a book club. Not a thing here. Maybe I'll start one myself.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally wish I lived where there was snow! I know you think I'm crazy, but I live in southern California, and it's been like summer weather here lately. I'd love some cold weather to shake things up! All your challenges sound great, and I'll bet you can do all of them:) Good luck, and thanks so much for visiting Books, Bones & Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could send you all our snow, even if it were just for a little bit. Southern California sounds perfect this time of year. :)

      Delete
  11. I kinda gave up on my NaNoWriMo story, but I agree that I should do something with it! Are you planning on doing it again in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I have another idea I might try to do something with, but if I learned anything from last year it's that I need to plan/prepare more. :)
      Do you think you'll give it a go again this year?

      Delete
  12. I read so many more books than I review too. I made it a goal this year to write more review as well as spend more time writing. I hope you are able to get all your goals! Good luck. Happy Reading!

    My List

    ReplyDelete
  13. I desperately need to try number 7 as well! With me being online so much I waste time when I could be reading! I hope all your goals go well!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to update my review list. There are just so many little things to think about when a new review goes up. Finishing up reviews can be hard. It's always easiest for me right after finishing the book and I think I'm going to start taking a couple notes while reading to help that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your goals, I need to write more reviews as well and just keep up to date with my blog in general, its so easy to let time get away from you each month.

    Good luck with your goals and all your reading challenges

    http://agirlinbookland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete