Friday, January 3, 2014

December Reading Recap

I read a bunch of fun books in December! I just ran out of time for reviewing them.

Thin Space by Jody Casella
This made my favorites of 2013 list for good reason. There's loss and heartache and mystery and I couldn't put it down.

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
An interesting contemporary that weaves different stories together in unexpected ways. I liked it.

Winger by Andrew Smith
It's intense and sweet (and occasionally vulgar) and heartbreaking. This stuck with me for days.

Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Unfortunately this did not live up to the hype for me. I didn't connect with the characters, I didn't like the plot, I was let down by the ending.

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook
Modern-day Bonnie and Clyde retelling was just sad.

Legend by Marie Lu
Reminded me of Blood Red Road crossed with the Matched series. The characters were fun and the plot was intense.

I also reread Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Because I love those books.



Favorites for the month were Thin Space and Legend.
Have you read any of these? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. Legend. Yes! When should we read Prodigy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASAP! and Champion shortly after.

      Delete
    2. Yes! I hear the ending of Prodigy is killer. I'm on hold for both at the library but the lists are loooooong. especially for Champion.

      Delete