Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best of 2013

I look forward to today's Top Ten Tuesday question all year. Come play along at The Broke and The Bookish!

The ten best books I read in 2013:

1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It wins all the things
 
 

Super Sequels:

2. Everbound by Brodi Ashton
3. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


 These Books Will Break Your Heart
(but read them anyway)

5. Winger by Andrew Smith
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


This is how you start/continue/end a series
(and The Crown of Embers and especially The Bitter Kingdom)


So Awesome Stand Alones

8. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
9. Thin Space by Jody Casella
10. Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson




Have you read any of these? What were some of your favorites this year?

12 comments:

  1. So much love for Scarlet and The Girl of Fire & Thorns! I still need to get to Through the Ever Night, and the Everneath series. And I keep hearing good things about Blackmoore. I will have to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Everbound - it was SO fantastic. I need to read these others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read many on your list but still haven't got to the Girl of Fire and Thorns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, the book thief. I want to read this before watching the movie. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fangirl- yup. Really liked that one. The Bitter Kingdom books seem to be faves too with a lot of people, although I haven't read them. Have a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had participated this meme today, The Book Thief and Blackmore would've been on my list too. Everbound was, but I read it last year as an arc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three cheers for FANGIRL! And I'm pleased that BLACKMOORE is getting so much love, even if it wasn't my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. I really need to read some Rainbow Rowell, have seen nothing but good things about her books. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally forgot about Scarlet on my list! And I STILL need to finish the Girl of Fire and Thorns series, and I really want to read Blackmoore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree on THE BOOK THIEF, SCARLET and THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT. I haven't read any of the others, though I'm thinking I definitely should. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never read any of Sarah Dessen books, but I find them on many blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Girl of Fire and Thorns series too. I feel the author broke so many YA "rules".......princess is fat, loves die etc. On my top 5 for 2013

    ReplyDelete