Friday, November 22, 2013

What I've Been Up To

You guys, I feel this overwhelming need to make a blog post, even though I don't really have anything bookish to talk about. So, here's a nice smorgasbord of all things Kathy for your Friday.

  • I'll actually have a couple book reviews coming up next week. Or the week after. We'll see. But I read The Schwa Was Here by Neal Shusterman and Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young. Spoiler alert: they were both good.

  • Nano Nano Nano. It's the thing I do most lately. It's fun. It's tiring. I love it. But it's been bad for my house. I found some stinky pinto beans in my fridge yesterday that I swear I just put in there the other day. Back around Halloween.

  • I've gotten to research the most random things, like the DeKalb High School Spanish club Facebook page, whether St. Mary's offers Christmas Eve Spanish mass (nope), and whether guys normally wear shirts underneath a button-down (it depends). And so many pranks. So. many. pranks. Now is probably not the time to mess with me. I have learned a lot.

  • I hear the Catching Fire movie is good! I'm getting more optimistic about it.
  • I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year! We'll have 11 adults, 1 teenage boy, and 11 kids 12 and under. One of which has allergies. (At least that one's mine) I haven't even had time to freak out about it yet. Maybe when Nano is over... :)

What's new with all you guys? I feel so out of the loop these days.

1 comment:

  1. Catching Fire is awesome! It was really, really fun!

    And, you're brave for hosting Thanksgiving. That scares me to death!

    ReplyDelete