Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Redesigns

The Broke and The Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday. Play along! Today's topic is all about cover redesigns.


Books I wish would be redesigned:

Who would not be embarrassed to read this in public?

You know those ink blots where you have to guess what the picture's supposed to be? I didn't even see the two awkward kissing people at the top for the longest time.

I actually really like the idea of these covers, but the breaking glass and her foot look like photoshop disasters. Also, how does she change clothes in the bubbles?


Books that got redesigned and I like the original better:

Originals on the left. Redesigns on the right.

The Diviners by Libba Bray  






Lola and the Boy Next Door



Delirium



How about you? Do you like the new designs for those covers? Which books would you like to see redone?

5 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you about The Diviners cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Across the Universe.... When I read it, my friend saw it was two girls kissing lol

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing a lot of the Delirium today as picks. I completely agree. While the new covers are beautiful, they have nothing on the original. So glad I bought it when it came out.

    Lol at crossed. It must be a magic bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Like The Diviners and Delirium original covers better, but actually prefer the Lola redesign. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! I know you didn't like the Crossed cover. I just think it's funny to read what you said.

    I detest the Across the Universe's cover. Detest it!

    And, I would never feel embarrassed about City of Bones. I <3 Jace, so I just drool over this cover, lol. I just imagine a much older person ... like Ewan McGregor.

    ReplyDelete