Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Recap

Holy cow, only one month left in 2013! November flew by for me, but it was notable for a few reasons:

  • I finished NaNoWriMo! That's 50,000 words in one month. (In case you were curious, the Hunger Games books are about 101,000 words. I'm not saying my story was half as good as Hunger Games, just half as long)

  • We hosted Thanksgiving in our new house! And it went great.

Those things combined for not much reading this month. But I got to a couple things:

Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young. Fun, choose your own adventure-style book. A lot like Pivot Point.

The Schwa Was Here by Neal Shusterman. Cute middle grad story about a boy who feels?/is? invisible and his adventurous friends.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I didn't read all of it, but I'm calling it done. It was an interesting end to the series, but there were some things I felt were left unsettled.

Rereads:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and The Treasure Map of Boys (Ruby Oliver #3) by e. lockhart. Basically, two of my favorite contemporary romances.

For December:

I'm hoping to read things that are the opposite of contemporary romance for the month! Maybe some fantasy or paranormal for awhile. I just got Defy by Sara Larsen off of NetGalley, so we'll see how that goes.

What are your plans for December?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing NaNoWriNo! And thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finishing NaNoWriMo! I think you've convinced me to give it a shot next year. Anna and the French Kiss is such a great reread--it's one of the ones on my list to get back to over my Christmas vacation.

    ReplyDelete