Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Best/Worst Series Endings

Come participate in Top 10 Tuesday at The Broke and The Bookish!


The Best Series Endings:
Goliath (Leviathan series)
Nice mix of history and steampunk and everything I wanted to wrap up

Mockingjay 
The ending made sense for the tone and message of the series. Plus she picked the right boy (unlike the movie casting...)


The Bitter Kingdom (The Girl of Fire and Thorns series)
Everything was right about this book.

Reached (Matched series)
I loved that we got all the characters' points of view

Destined (Wings series)
I loved the very, very end for its realism.

Bonus:
Real Live Boyfriends (Ruby Oliver series)
So nice to see Roo finally come into her own.




Endings that Left Me Wanting

Requiem (Delirium series)
You can't end a book before the end happens!

Sever (Wither series)
The whole series was just bizarre, but Sever was the bizarrest.

Feedback (Variant)
More questions than answers.

Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices series)
Just, no. Felt like she tried to make everyone happy at the expense of sense.

The Death Cure (The Maze Runner series)
So violent, and just overall unsatisfying

Bonus:

We'll Always Have Summer (The Summer series)
It was too unrealistic for me.

10 comments:

  1. I liked Mockingjay too, although the reviews seem to be mixed on it. Nice list today. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm not alone in liking it. I think most people were at least a little disappointed in it.

      Delete
  2. I have not finished all of these series so I'm interested to see how I feel once I read the last book.

    I did like the ending to Mockingjay too. At first I was shocked and a bit horrified, but it fit the overall feel and message of the rest of the series.

    I also didn't like how Clockwork Princess ended. Though after reading Clockwork Prince I didn't think the author would be able to get Tessa out of the situation where she was in a way that would satisfying me. It kind of felt like a cop-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally felt like a cop-out! And it seems like nearly everyone liked it. I was just so disappointed. I thought the first book was really interesting, but the other two didn't live up to it.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to find someone else who liked Mockingjay. I know so many people who didn't like the way it ended. Like you, I thought it made sense with the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Now there are three of us who liked it. :)

      Delete
  4. I still need to read Goliath! What am I waiting for! Actually, I still need to read a lot of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goliath was a fun book. I have the hardest time not finishing a series once all the books are out. I have to know what happens! :)

      Delete
  5. I think I remember liking We'll Always Have Summer. It was totally painful to read because of all the drama that goes on, but I was really invested in those characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that. I just never liked either of the brothers so I didn't really care what happened.

      Delete