Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Final Book Thief Discussion Post

Thank you so much to everyone who's participated in the read along! I've really enjoyed reading your tweets and posts and updates all month. It's been so much fun to read the book for the first time with you guys.

Now, on to the questions. I would post a recap, but... I'm not Death and not about to spoil the book!


1. How did you feel when Max had to leave the Hubermanns? What did you expect would happen to him?

2. Why do you think Liesel ran out to Max when they finally did cross paths, even after she had seen what happened to Hans earlier in the book?

3. What did you think of Death spoiling the ending a couple chapters before it actually happened? Did the warning make it easier to handle?

4. Which death impacted you the most?

 5. How did your view of Ilsa Herman change over the course of the book?

6. The power of words is such a big theme throughout the book. Which instances of powerful words stuck out to you? Or, which quotes from the book stuck out to you?

7. In this post Markus Zusak says:
In many ways I felt that the book is about Liesel’s different kind of loves - for Hans, for Rosa, for Rudy and Max, and for books and living in general.
Which of those loves resonated with you most?

8. Thoughts on Liesel and Death finally meeting?

9. If this was your first time reading The Book Thief, is it what you expected?
If it was a reread, what did you notice this time around?

10. Will you see the movie?


Come link up your posts!
**UPDATED**
I almost forgot about the last Twitter Chat!  I was thinking I'd host it around 8 PM Mountain tomorrow (Tuesday). What do you guys think? Is that too late for people not on Mountain time?

**UPDATE #2**
 We're also giving away The Book Thief-inspired shirts!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Kami! I totally forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, it has been so great getting to know you and your blog through this read along! Great questions. Thanks! Hopefully we can stay in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the east coast, so 8pm your time is later than I'd want to start, but if it works for other people, I can live with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put my answers in this post http://smilingldsgirl.com/2013/09/30/book-thief-final-discussion/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you do a twitter chat? Sorry if I missed it. If not let me know and I'll join in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want you to put down your answers!!! I missed Kami's last time too.

    ReplyDelete