Welcome, welcome, welcome to The Book Thief read along! I'm so excited to read this with everyone. Especially because...
I've Never Actually Read This
I know, I am ashamed.
So, for my kick off post, I wanted to share what I do know (or can make up) about The Book Thief:
- It's narrated by death, who is quite the dancer (apparently)
- It's set in Germany during World War II
- There's a girl, and she steals books. I think she is the book thief.
- Her family is hiding a Jewish(?) guy. Possibly in their house.
- They're making a movie, and the bad guy from Pirates of the Caribbean is also a bad guy? He's in it, anyway.
- Markus Zusak is Australian. I think. Not that that has anything to do with the book, but my list was really short.
- Famous last line:
How about you? If this is your first time reading, what do you already know about it? If you've read it before, what made you want to read it again?
September 1: start reading
September 10: read through Part 3: Suey will host discussion on her blog
September 20: read through Part 6: Kami will host discussion on her blog
September 30: finish the book: I'll host final discussion, right here