Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Read This: Blackmoore

Blackmoore
by Julianne Donaldson

This book is so intense, in the best possible way. I loved the setting, and the whole Gothic feel to Blackmoore. I loved the chemistry between Kate and Henry. It was so obvious how they felt - and how deeply they felt it - that I could hardly tear myself away from their story. And I hated (in the best way) all the obstacles that came up in their story. There are secrets and scandals and plenty of family craziness. But it combined for such an engaging story.

The characters are all so interesting. Kate has some obviously flaws, but that allows her a lot of character growth. I enjoyed the use of flashbacks that showed different sides to Kate, her family, and Henry. The flashbacks also set up a big mystery that kept me turning pages as fast as possible.

I liked this even better than Edenbrooke. The story is darker, but the romance is even sweeter.
5/5


The Big Three:
Language: not an issue
Sex and Stuff: not an issue
Violence: not an issue

Just So You Know:
I received a review copy of Blackmoore via Shadow Mountain in exchange for an honest review. Blackmoore is available now!

5 comments:

  1. Edenbrooke was kinda meh for me, but I'm loving the gothic tone of this one, so I'm going to give it a shot. Plus you gave it a 5, which is even more incentive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like this one. It's got a Wuthering Heights kind of feel to it.

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing such amazing things about this one. I totally would have passed it over if not for all the great reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't think I would like this genre that much but her books are so good!

      Delete