Thursday, August 1, 2013

Utah Book Month - Help Me Pick!

It's August, and that means UTAH BOOK MONTH! I had so much fun last year, and I know this year is going to be just as good.



I'll be featuring the lovely Jennifer from My Life With Books, and local children's author Ken Baker. (you guys, his books are so cute.) My 4 year old will be reviewing those. And my husband will be reviewing The Wheel of Time series (since Brandon Sanderson co-wrote the last few of those)

I may or may not be working on a food tour of Utah. Because, you know, food.

But, the books! Here's where I need your input. What should I read?

The choices are:

Transparent by Natalie Whipple


The False Prince by Jennifer A Nielson


The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale


The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne


A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner


Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George


Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George


Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison

Recommend ones you like/are curious about! Happy Utah Book Month!

8 comments:

  1. There are some good ones there!! I LOVED The False Prince and Transparent! I think you should definitely read those. I also love everything by Jessica Day George!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bunch of these are on my TBR list, too, so I wouldn't be able to choose either! TRANSPARENT looks really good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all too good! I would say The False Prince and Transparent.. and The World's Strongest! Then Princess of the Midnight Ball! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd pick The False Prince for sure! Transparent is on my TBR this month. And you can't go wrong with Shannon Hale, though I haven't read her Goose Girl series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd pick The False Prince for sure! Transparent is on my TBR this month. And you can't go wrong with Shannon Hale, though I haven't read her Goose Girl series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the two comments - I posted with the wrong account and it won't let me delete it. oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. False Prince...I want to know if it's actually as good as everyone says...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing about the World's Strongest Librarian. I'd give that one a go!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete