Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Utah Author Spotlight: Ken Baker

I'm so pleased to spotlight Utah children's author Ken Baker today on the blog! 

Ken's written three books, Old MacDonald Had a Dragon, Cow Can't Sleep, and Brave Little Monster.
I've read the first two, and they are hilarious.

About Ken, from his website:


 I live in Utah, but I grew up in the California Bay Area. When I'm not reading and writing books, I spend my time with my family boating, wakeboarding, snowboarding, swimming, camping, and watching my children play sports. I also enjoy playing basketball, windsurfing, scuba diving, exercising at the gym, and coaching my children in the different sports they play. 

Ken's website is full of great information: tips on getting kids to read, tips for writers, lesson plans(!!!), and trailers for each of his books. Here's the trailer for my kids' favorite, Cow Can't Sleep.



You can find Ken on his website, Twitter, Facebook, or blog.

7 comments:

  1. These look cute! I'll have to check them out for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The Provo Library has two of his books, so that's handy. :)

      Delete
    2. Went to the library yesterday, and I found the cow one! I put the other 2 on hold. I'm excited to read them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love being a feature this week. I have not read the book you are pictured with but, nice job!
    I followed back via GFC :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! This author is new to me. I'll have to check some of these out. I'll bet my three-year-old would love them!

    Thanks for the spotlight, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute books! I'm going to have to get them at the library for my kids :) Nice spotlight!

    ReplyDelete