Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Good Beginnings & Endings

Come play along at The Broke and the Bookish! Today's Top 10 Tuesday topic is
favorite beginnings and endings




A list, so as to avoid spoilers. I really am trying to be better about it.

Beginnings:

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I had no idea what was going on, but I was sucked in
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: broke tradition and did not start out with Harry at the Dursley's
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: I did not think that was how the book would start out, at all
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: So much personality
The Boyfriend List by e. lockhart: It made me laugh, very hard


Endings:

Basically, all of these had the same effect on me, which was "Noooooooooo!" or "What?!"

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The Raven Boys (and The Dream Thieves) by Maggie Stiefvater
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Variant by Robison Wells

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree! At least on the ones I've read... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Daughter of Smoke and Bone on a few lists.. I need to get on that. I also have not read Anna and the French Kiss yet! I hear mixed reviews on it and I'm not sure if I'll like it or not! Only one way to find out I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete