Wednesday, July 3, 2013

June Reading Recap

Happy (almost) July 4th! June was a busy, busy month that included lots of reading and slightly less unpacking. I read:

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.
It's high fantasy. And it's really good.

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson.
The sequel to Fire and Thorns, which was just as good.

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund.
Sci-fy retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Made me want to read Persuasion before making a judgement on it.

Peace, Love, & Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle.
Cute, younger YA about sisters.

Abandon by Elana Johnson.
A great ending to the Possession trilogy. Review to come.

For book club we read Every Day by David Levithan.
It was not my favorite book (it felt very agenda-y to me) but it was definitely good for discussion. Karen liked it more, and her review is here.


July is shaping up to be a great reading month. I've managed to acquire The Bitter Kingdom (the last book in the Fire and Thorns series) from Edelweiss, and The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater from a twitter giveaway. I may have already finished it. I may actually be rereading it right now. I may have problems when it comes to that series.

What are you doing for July?


2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to know how The Bitter Kingdom turns out. If it's any good, I just might have to read the last two books of the series after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! I would definitely recommend all three books. :)

      Delete