Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Reading Recap

July was a great month for vacation, and also some really interesting books. I read:

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
A darker, more sinister sequel to The Raven Boys. I didn't love it quite as much as the original, but it still kept me up late reading.

Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway
A fairy-tale story of a girl who becomes insta-famous after her musician ex-boyfriend writes a hit song about her. It was cute.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Thought provoking adult contemporary about life and death and love and making your own choices. I think this would make for a great discussion book.

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Surprisingly touching story about second chances, that made me want to go out and do everything I've ever thought I couldn't. My new favorite Sarah Dessen book.

Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike
The Ghost and The Goth series meets The Scarlet Pimpernel. A little more content than I've come to expect from her books, but it was a very fun read.


Tomorrow starts Utah Book Month! I am very excited to feature a local author and blogger, among other things. It's going to be great!

3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read The Dream Thieves. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read The Dream Thieves too! You lucky girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suey & Jenny, you are both totally welcome to borrow my copy! I've lent it out to another friend right now, but once I get it back I'll let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete