Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dream Thieves Playlist

I didn't do a lot of reading on vacation, but I did (re)read The Dream Thieves with my husband. And since it's still too far away from publication to review, I thought I'd do something different and create a playlist, based off of things from the book that stuck out to me.
If you click on the "show" button, a quote from the book will pop up. They're not really spoilery, maybe 7 & 9.

1. Dave Matthews Band - Stay (Wasting Time)
For a moment this good time would never end
magic was real, magic was real, magic was real.

2. Natalie Merchant - Jealousy
Oooh, ooh, jealousy
For a brief moment, he imagined life as Gansey must live it.

3. Rihanna - Shut Up and Drive
You've got the keys, shut up and drive
This is what it felt like to be happy.

4. Bobby Boris Pickett - Monster Mash
I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

What were you dreaming about?

5. Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
1, 2, 3, 4
Tell the people what she wore
ORANGE

6. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
He was a striking version of himself, a dangerous version of himself, standing there . . . with a homemade bomb in hand.

7. Louis Armstrong - A Kiss to Build a Dream On
Give me your lips for just a moment
And my imagination will make that moment live 

Give me what you alone can give
A kiss to build a dream on
That was super nice.

8. Good Charlotte - Life Styles of the Rich and the Famous
If money is such a problem
You got so many problems
Think I could solve them 

Who are these people, Adam thought, to think they know anything about the rest of the world?

9. Fiona Apple - Never Is a Promise
Never is a promise
And you can't afford to lie
From 3 different scenes:
You thought - it was never gonna be you and me.
That's what you said. It's never gonna be me.
And now we never speak of it again.

10. Everclear - Santa Monica
Watch the world die
would you stop if you knew it was destroying the world?

11. Katy Perry - Firework
Boom, boom, boom
Are you coming to Fourth? Are you coming? Are you coming?

12. The Kinks - Wonderboy 
Night is as dark as you feel it ought to be

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea, Kathy! And now I'm even more excited for Dream Thieves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It was fun to make. I'll bring The Dream Thieves to book club this weekend if you'd like to borrow it. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome. Must have taken you forever to think up! I'll have to try it sometime with some book, just to experience the thinking!

    ReplyDelete