Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back from Vacation

For the last little while I was on the very green, very humid, but very awesome East Coast visiting family. It was great. I went to a beach where there are wild horses that will eat you bite, which possibly reminded me of a book I read once.

Wild horse, walking through the rinse-off area
my niece, my oldest, my husband, me, the ocean!
My baby and my nephew, who are about a month apart

It was so incredibly green there.
My nephew, niece, oldest, me, and the baby. Also, the Capitol.



We went to the Smithsonian. All the museums are free, did you know?

Code Name Verity-ish
it's hard to take a good picture
yep, still hard
we'll just call this good enough
Now that I'm home I'll be back to my regularly scheduled blogging. What are you doing this fine summer?

7 comments:

  1. Awesome trip! And that's so cool about the wild horses on the beach! I had no idea that such a thing could actually be real! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? They have everything on the East Coast. :)

      Delete
  2. Great pics!! We went to the Outer Banks in NC and they had wild horses as well. They are beautiful, though a little frightening if you get too close...haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! The top picture would have had me in it, but I ran off like a lunatic as soon as the horse got close. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh but DC is so hot! It looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ridiculously hot! But I still had a good time. :)

      Delete
  4. We just got back from a week in upstate New York. The humidity just about killed me, but the scenery there was gorgeous. Very green and lush.

    ReplyDelete