Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: Best of 2013 (So Far)

The Broke and The Bookish hosts Top 10 Tuesday each week. Come play along!


This week's topic is: Top Books I've Read So Far in 2013

I've only read 29 books this year, so I'm posting my top 5. And they're all a-ma-zing.


Everbound by Brodi Ashton.
The second book in the Everneath trilogy had fabulous world-building and a killer ending.


Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi.
It's been a great year for sequels. This was another good one!


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
This was even more enjoyable than Cinder. Such an interesting retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.


The Elite by Kiera Cass.
The sequel to The Selection had all the drama and cat fights and love-triangle goodness I could've hope for.


The Girl of Fire and Thorns, and (the sequel) The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson.
It's fantasy, and it's Spanish-ish, and it's all the good things.

What were some of your favorites this year?

9 comments:

  1. Scarlet has to be one of my favorite sequels. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarlet made my list as well! The Lunar Chronicles is definitely one of my favorite series now!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Everbound! I read it last year I would have had it on my list too. And I so want to read Scarlet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Everneath on my shelf as well as Scarlet personalized and signed! You're excited for Cress, right??

    Followed!

    My TTT... Don’t forget to follow via Bloglovin’!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you only posted 5, but we share one, and Scarlet just failed to make my top 10. If I had limited it to books published this year, it would have gotten in easily. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lunar Chronicles books are on my list of books I really want to read! I'm glad to see Scarlet made your list of favorites and only encourages me to read it more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right, Rae Carson's books are ALL THE GOOD THINGS!
    I really need to read Everbound and Through The Ever Night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read the Elite. I wonder what color dress she'll wear on the next book :p Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete