Thursday, June 13, 2013

Did You Know?

I'm still catching up from the move, but here is (not so recent) news that I thought was cool. Maybe you missed some of them, too.

Free Audiobooks, That You Actually Want to Listen to
Have you heard of SYNC? Each Thursday this summer they're offering free YA audiobook downloads, along with a classic. (free for a whole week) This week is The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.(!!!) Also Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya. (I know nothing about it) Go forth and listen. Or at least check the link out, because they have a lot of cool free books this summer.

This is done in oil paint, which makes it even cooler
Speaking of The Raven Boys...
So, the sequel to Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves, doesn't come out until September. But did you see the excerpt at EW? It is short but wonderful.

Pictures from the Divergent movie
I didn't even love the first book in the Divergent trilogy, but EW (again) had some interesting pictures from the filming. Maybe it's just because I grew up in the Windy City, but I think it's pretty cool to watch someone about to jump off a building (with The Sears Tower in the background). I don't know when it comes out, but I'm sure it will be unavoidable knowledge as it gets closer to release.

What else did I miss in book land while I moved?

No comments:

Post a Comment