Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Reading Recap

And sneaky March! Mostly because I forgot to do a March recap. And because my reading has been painfully infrequent lately.

In March:
Sever by Lauren DeStefano
I liked it about as much as the first two, which would be great if I had liked them more. Some twists and turns, though.

Mind Games by Kiersten White
I liked this a lot! Very dark and kind of brutal in parts, but an interesting read. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I think I liked Scarlet's story even better than Cinder's. Meyer is incredibly good at putting a new spin on old stories and making them fit perfectly in the world she's set up.

In April:
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
(I'm finally learning to spell it right) Some nice attempts to unite things from all the books in the series. I would have liked more closure to the ending, though.

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I'm so sad I didn't like this one more. I feel like I can't say much without being spoilery. But I will say that the ending is the total opposite of Requiem; you know what every character ever thinks about every single thing until the day they die.

Favorite: Mind Games
Least Favorite: Clockwork Princess, because I was hoping to like it so much

For May:
Stephanie Perkins is coming to the Provo Library! I'm very excited about this.
We're also buying a house/moving/celebrating my baby turning 1, and all that. I hope to get some books read in there too.

5 comments:

  1. Will you still be in Utah when you move? I hope I like Clockwork Princess. I'm sure I will, but you have me worried now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in the minority on Clockwork Princess. Seems like most people really liked it, so I don't think you need to worry. :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to read Mind Games, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. And Stephanie Perkins! I want to go, but the library always does these things on Wednesday nights, which is like the one night I actually have other things to do. So we'll see. But hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wednesday used to be the worst night for me, too. So I missed a lot of things at the library. I'm trying to make up for it now. :) Hope you can make it.

      Delete
  3. So many people say that Scarlet was even better than Cinder and I'm dying to read it! I hope I have time next month.

    I'm excited to meet Stephenie Perkins too. But guilty confession - I haven't read any of her books.

    Good luck with all those big events this month! Congrats on the house and your baby's big millstone :)

    ReplyDelete