Monday, April 22, 2013

On My Bookish Mind

I know I have been really MIA lately, but I won't bore anyone with the details of my daily adventures. Instead, I'll bore tell you all about my recent bookish thoughts!

Spelling Is Hard
I recently finished reading Requiem by Lauren Oliver, and let me tell you, it has been a pain anytime I've tried to type out its title. Because "requiem" is a word I'm familiar with, and it conjures up images of pieces of music, but it is not something I can spell. I also have no idea what it has to do with the plot of the story, as I don't remember much music...

Ok, never mind. It's actually a mass for the dead (and its music). Which explains slightly more, but only slightly.

Anyway, this year I also plan to read another difficult to spell book: Alligiant. (I even looked on goodreads to see how that's spelled, as my spellchecker doesn't recognize it.) I'm excited for the last Divergent book, but how will I ever learn to type all that? Also, every time I see that word my mind wants to turn it into some form of the word alligator. Maybe it's just me.

That New Hunger Games Movie
Have you seen this trailer? Of course you have, but you can watch it again if you want.
It makes me excited.

Bookclub!
The bookclub I'm a part of is reading Sweethearts by Sara Zarr this month. And you know how much I love that book. If you love it, too, or you live around Provo and want to join a bookclub, we'd love to have you! We're meeting this Saturday at The Cocoa Bean in Provo. You can email me if you'd like to know the time. 

8 comments:

  1. I must have been in a cave or something because I hadn't seen that trailer yet - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still fairly new, but I guess I figure by the time I've heard about it, everyone has. :)

      Delete
  2. The trailer is awesome. I love it! I'm so excited for Catching Fire! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope someone organizes another blogger movie party when it comes out.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are still alive! Good luck with those hard to spell titles. I hate that too. Can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm hoping to be a little more present around here... we'll see.

      Delete
  4. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to look up how to spell titles on GoodReads.

    Also, book club! I STILL haven't started my reread of Sweethearts, but I'm actually looking forward to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm excited for it, even if I end up being the only one who likes the book. :)

      Delete