Monday, March 4, 2013

The February Recap

Hearts = February

Hey guys! Remember me? The one who used to (occasionally) keep up a book blog?

February was a wild, busy month but that busy-ness did not involve much reading. I had wrist surgery (they took out a cyst) so I was in a splint for two weeks. I just got my stitches out recently and now I have a Franken-wrist.
The nice thing about olive skin is the green bruises don't show up so much

Then, this cute little guy got tubes in his ears last week. He's been fighting ear infections for a couple months. Hopefully this will make things better.


To the books! I read:

Everbound by Brodi Ashton. Just go out and read this series, post haste. The world building and plot and ending were all the good things. 5/5

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan. A very nice ending to the Kane Chronicles series. I started this on audio back in December but switched to print and finished it right off. 4/5

White Cat by Holly Black. Mobster magicians! It was an interesting idea and I liked it, but have become kind of meh about reading the sequels. 4/5

The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson. A cute retelling. 4/5

For March I hope to:
read Going Vintage by Lindsay Leavitt (thank you netgalley)
go to the Dark Days Tour at the Provo Library tomorrow night. Are you coming?

10 comments:

  1. The scar on your wrist actually looks really cool! Once it's not as tender, you should draw the design with a marker. Or, you know, if tattoos weren't against our religion, you could get the design tattooed. I'm weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not weird! The surgeon actually drew the line where he made the incision in blue marker, so the scar had blue ink all over it for a couple days. I was actually worried it wasn't going to come off. :) (it did)

      Delete
  2. Awwww poor guy.

    I hope you're better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you have to finish the White Cat series! I adore those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally will. It was interesting. I think I lost some gusto because the next one wasn't checked in at the library. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad everyone's doing better!

    I *still* need to read Everneath. I love the White Cat series, personally, because I feel like each book can stand on it's own rather than relying on the strength of the series as a whole. And I'm so sick of trilogies at this point that any series that manages to do that makes me really, really happy.

    I really want to go to Dark Days, but I have something else I'm supposed to do, so I'm in the middle of a battle of conscience about which I'm going to actually go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I'm a dork. The Dark Days thing at the library is Wednesday night (not tonight). Yesterday just really felt like Tuesday for me. :)
      Either way, hopefully I'll see you there.

      Delete
  5. Boo to the wrist AND the tubes, though I hope both of you are doing better! Ear infections in little ones are the worst. Happy March :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are definitely working on the getting better. :)

      Delete