Friday, February 1, 2013

January Recap

January was a great reading month. I finished 7 books, and liked just about all of them.

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
Very cute Jane Austen-style romance. 4/5

The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
The YA Da Vinci Code. Lots of unexpected twists and turns. 3.5/5

Because I Said So! by Ken Jennings
Funny, informative non-fiction. 4/5

After Hello by Lisa Mangum
A fun contemporary quest romance, with characters that took a bit to warm up to. 4/5

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi 
A non-stop, adventurous sequel to Under the Never Sky. 5/5

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Karou & friends (& enemies) are back in a very grisly sequel. 3.5/5
Review to come.

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
A girl quarterback and her relationship dramaramas. It was cute, but not spectacular. 3/5

In non-reading things, my whole family has been sick a lot this month. So we've watched a lot of movies (Arthur Christmas, The Lucky One, Men In Black III - they were all good), and even more hulu. Maybe I'll make it through all the early seasons of The Office. 

10 comments:

  1. It was a good month for reading! I hope the sickness is over! I've heard a lot of good things about Edenbrooke. I might have to pick that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is cute. Not as social commentary-ish as Jane Austen, but the romance is very fun.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but several are already on my TBR list. *Sigh* So many books, so little time ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Hopefully you'll have a chance to get to some of them.

      Delete
  3. Sorry your family has been sick a lot of this month. I've been sick too. I think it's left over from when I was sick in December and it just won't go away because of the inversion and crappy air. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Blasted inversion. I'm all ready for spring, and no more being sick for anyone. :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you guys have been sick, but I'm glad you've had good luck with your books. I just got Edenbrooke from the library, so we'll see how it goes :) I'll have to look into After Hello--I haven't heard of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Edenbrooke! After Hello is LDS-ish contemporary. It's cute.

      Delete