- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I really liked this. A lot.
- My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece by Annabelle Pitcher. The November book club pick. Told from the POV of a 10 year old boy whose sister died and mom left him. Cute but sad. 3/5
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. This was another YA cancer book that was a little too long and slow for me. DNF
- Love Story by Jennifer Echols. My first Jennifer Echols. Very much a kissing, dramarama book. Perfect if that's what you're in the mood for. 4/5
- Feedback by Robison Wells. Intense and suspenseful, but a bit let down in the end.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. My new favorite book of 2012. Review to come this week.
I even got to a couple books I already own!
Garden Plot by Kristen McKendry. My in-laws got me this book for my birthday. In September. Of 2011. It's an LDS fiction, murder mystery. Which is sort of a unique combination. It was cute. 3/5
Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I'm about 115 pages into this. And you guys, it is slow going. The dialect makes Hagrid look like a scholar, and the little sister annoys me. They just met up with a portly guy and a She-Man, and are threatening cage fighting. (you can't make stuff like this up).
I'll stick with it because everyone seems to love this book. But, I'm thinking it's not the book for me.
Favorites for the month were The Raven Boys, Love Story, and Mara Dyer.
What did you enjoy reading in November?