- I went to the Orem Library's Holiday Author Extravaganza last weekend, where I got to see a lot of authors and learned to spell the word "extravaganza." I sat with Suey and her family. You should all get to know her, because she is awesome and will let you sit with her at events. And she'll also point you in the direction of the bathroom, should the need arise. I took pictures, but my camera ate them. The only thing you would have learned from them is that Lisa Mangum is quite tall. Like, I'm guessing around 6'. She's also really nice, but you can't exactly judge that sort of thing from a picture. To my knowledge, I did not say anything awkward to any of the authors I talked to. Progress.
- I finished Cinder over the weekend. It was really fun. It also marks four books that I've finished while I'm supposed to be reading Blood Red Road.
- I keep thinking about the Connecticut school shooting, and it is so sad. I just don't believe regular people should have assault weapons. It doesn't strike me as the type of the thing the framers of the Constitution had in mind when they came up with the Second Amendment.
- Also, this post by Robison Wells brings up a lot of great points about mental illness. And makes me realize I know nothing about it.
- On a happier note, I'm excited for tomorrow's Top Ten Tuesday, because it's all about my favorite books of the year. And it was a good reading year.
Happy Holidays from my family! Here are my sons, being festive/cute.