This year I managed to hit my Goodreads goal (60 books!) And I think my biggest blogging highlight was Utah Book Month. That really got me back into blogging, and it was so fun.
I also wanted to play along with some of Jamie's (from Perpetual Page Turner) year end questions. You can link up here.
|This is Jamie's awesome graphic|
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. This will be a popular answer.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Don't hate me, but The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. Just, no.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Everneath by Brodi Ashton. I was expecting this book to be very meh, but I liked it a lot.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I don't usually read historical fiction, or things that have torture. I won't read it again, but it made an impact.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
The Evolution of Mara Dyer. Holy molies, that book.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Um yeah, The Raven Boys. (it's the March book club pick)
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Good: Xander from Reached. I'd read a whole series about him.
Bad: Saba from Blood Red Road. She was exhausting.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Reached by Ally Condie. It's so good. I liked it even though I didn't like Crossed.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Made me think when I first read it, but has really impacted me since one of my college roommates was diagnosed with stage IV cancer a few months ago.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Good: a Marcus Zusak book (I Am the Messenger. Loved it until the end, when I wanted to chuck it)
Not: The Summer Series by Jenny Han.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? (pretty sure on these)
Shortest: My Ridiculous Romantic Obsessions by Becca Wilhite (181 pages)
Longest: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (544 pages)
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Friendship: the four raven boys from The Raven Boys
Romantic: Jack and Nikki from Everneath or Puck and Sean Kendrick from The Scorpio Races
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously:
The Raven Boys. Also Reached.
20. Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Best: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Worst: In Honor by Jessi Kirby
Happy New Year, everyone!