Monday, November 12, 2012

Reached Prediction Post

Reached comes out tomorrow! Even though I didn't love Crossed, I'm very excited to see how Ally Condie will wrap the series up.

But since we can't find out until tomorrow, time for wild and crazy predictions!
**Spoilers for Matched and Crossed**

  • Cassia will pick: Ky. Just like she has for the last two books. :( But I also predict Xander & Indie, after reading Crossed.
  • The pilot: I used to think Cassia's grandpa was the pilot. Then I thought that Ky might become the pilot. Now I think it's more of an idea than an actual character that will show up in the last book.
  • The red tablets: I'm going to guess Cassia is not immune, because that could make for some interesting plot.
  • The Rising is: bad! Ky was so distrusting of them, that I don't expect them to be good.
  • Pacing: I expected a fast-paced story in Crossed, which was kind of silly because Matched was so much more slow and thoughtful. So I'll guess a slower, more intellectual book for Reached, to match with the rest of the series.
  • Tone: I just can't imagine a Mockingjay-style depressed fest. So I think it'll have a happy ending.
Crazy things that will not happen, but I wouldn't mind:
  • a heroic Ky death. I just don't like his character.
  • Cassia's family will join the Rising, and her little brother will do something cool or interesting. I really like the little brother.
  • The grandpa will be regenerated. Zombies! (I really liked the grandpa, too)

What do you think will happen in Reached?
And, if you're one of the lucky few who've already read it, please don't post spoilers as "predictions."

6 comments:

  1. I love your predictions! Especially Ky dying. I don't like him either so that would make me smile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't love Ky. I just think he's kind of boring and emo, but oh well. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice predictions! I love doing things like this and seeing if I'm right. My biggest prediction is that the Rising is bad, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to look back after I've read, too. I'm usually pretty off, but that's half the fun. :)

      Delete
  3. I saw this book was on the bestsellers list! Congrats to Ms. Condie. By the way, I got the copy of Marsipity that I won in the email today, and the illustrations are breath-taking. I read it to my daughter, and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy it got to you ok.

      Delete