Today's Top 10 Tuesday is bookish confessions! Head over to The Broke and The Bookish to play along.
1. I basically never buy books. The last book I bought was for my Sara Zarr giveaway, but before that, the last one was Mockingjay. On the day it came out.
2. I have access to an amazing public library that has nearly every YA book I've ever wanted to read. I am very lucky.
3. I prefer a print book over an ebook. I don't have an ereader, so when I get ebooks I'm stuck reading them on my computer. Not super convenient.
4. I don't go out of my way to get ARC's. When I posted more regularly I used to request books from NetGalley. But I wasn't super good about reading them. (see #3)
5. I will use any random scrap of paper as a bookmark before I'll dogear a page. That's like blasphemy to me. I once let a friend borrow a book and she dogeared every 5-10 pages of the thing. I was shocked!
6. Sometimes I think I'd like to write a book, but then I can't even keep up a journal.
7. One time I thought I was reading an online preview of a book... you know, the first 100 or so pages that authors/publishers occasionally post online. It was actually the whole book. Probably illegally on the interwebs. I still feel bad about that one.
8. I'm kind of horribly judgmental of the characters I read about. After I finished a certain book, my review consisted of "this book is full of horrible people doing horrible things." I decided it'd be better not to review it...
9. In general, I like to read about people and situations that I can relate to. I know reading is good for expanding your understanding, but most of my favorite books are about people I think are like me.
10. Sometimes I don't pay attention to physical (or racial) descriptions in books. And then I just make them up. I was positive St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss was black. Like, absolutely positive. Apparently he's not? Also, Mags from Catching Fire is actually the grandma from Disney's Mulan.
At least in my head.