Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy (Follow) Friday!

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison can read. Play along here:


This week's question is

Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

Mine totally do! I just posted about "comfort books" awhile back, and how I was in the mood for some of my favorite rereads. A lot of times I'll stop reading a book if I realize I'm just not in the mood to appreciate it. Although I almost never go back to them...

If I'm in a bad mood I try to go for something light or funny. If I'm in a happy mood I usually can go for any type of book.

What about you?
And have you entered my international giveaway?

9 comments:

  1. I have to be in a specific mood to read some kinds of genres.

    I'm a new gfc follower. :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/ff-feature-and-follow-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I only read what I feel like reading. When I have periods where nothing is interesting me, I usually fall back on an old favorite or guilty pleasure book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to read whatever I have close by :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer! I totally agree!

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exactly the same!

    New GFC follower!

    You can find my FF post here: www.blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad someone else has "comfort books" too!

    My follow friday! Hope you visit! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to base my reading choices on my moods. I think I've ruined many a good book cause I wasn't in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comfort reading is my favourite type of reading.
    New Follower.
    Follow back?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big comfort reader too. But unlike you, I'm not nice enough to stop reading a book if I'm in a weird mood, so I think a lot of books end up on my bad side that I wouldn't have been quite so vehement about if I had read them at a different time.

    ReplyDelete