Friday, July 13, 2012

Kathy Confuses

I haven't posted one of these in a while, so... Time for another round of Kathy Confuses, where I think things that are actually very different are the same.

We've been super sick in my house for the last three weeks (both my boys got to spend time in the hospital!) so we've watched a lot of movies. Like Journey 2 and Hop.

While we were watching Journey 2, my husband tried to convince me that:
 The Rock
and Vin Diesel











are not the same person. (They look more alike in my head.)

This picture proved his point, so I guess they really are two separate people. I still cannot tell them apart.













But! While we watched Hop, Rusty confided that he can't tell apart this guy:
The Hoff

 from this guy:
Donny Osmond













Take that, Rusty!
Who knew Donny was so short?

















Last one, and then you'll have to find other ways to feel smarter than people on the internet!
In bookish things, I think we've all heard about this book:















I've recently seen a few bloggers posting reviews, for what I thought was that book. And I didn't read them. And I was kind of surprised they were reviewing it.
Until I realized the book they were actually reviewing was:
















I have no idea what Between Shades of Gray is about, but I suspect it's got nothing to do with Fifty Shades of Grey. Sorry if you've reviewed and I've skipped your review!
And, you know, given you the side eyes for reading *that* kind of book.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. What have you confused lately?

10 comments:

  1. In case you were curious, Hop & Journey 2 were both cute in that "this is definitely a kids' movie" kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed that The Rock and Vin Diesel were so similar looking, but they really are.

    I used to get Dennis Quaid confused with someone, but I can't think of who it was now (maybe because I still think they're the same person). I'm sure there are others, but that was my biggest one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a similar Dennis Quaid problem. Are there multiple Quaids?

      Delete
  3. Well if you look at the HOFF and Donny with such an age gap in their pictures...I am thinking of the Knight Rider HOFF and Donny now. What ever. I know the difference between the Rock and a hard place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yeah, I do this all the time. And the Rock and Vin Diesel are so similar in attitude and movie roles that I can see getting them confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The embarrassing thing is that I hadn't seen a movie with either of them before. I don't know how they got so mixed up in my head...

      Delete
  5. Ha! Fun post. I looove Vin but dislike The Rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Vin in anything. That was my first movie with The Rock. He sang, so that was kind of cool.

      Delete
  6. I definitely recommend Between Shades of Gray (NOT 50 Shades of Gray)! It's kinda like a holocaust book, only it's about the atrocities Stalin committed in the Baltic states. It's super good and super powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - Vin Deisel and the Rock really are similar. Weird that I never noticed! I had the same issue with the Gray books. My friend, who knows what a huge prude I am, couldn't believe it when I told her I wanted to read 50 SHADES OF GRAY. Ha! I totally meant BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY (which is a YA Holocaust novel).

    ReplyDelete