- Overall, I liked it. I was a little disappointed here and there, but overall it was good. It's mostly faithful to the book, but it's also not hard to find things that are different.
- The actors were all great. Even people I had reservations about (cough * Josh Hutcherson* cough) did a good job. If I had to pick anyone out for being slightly less than I had hoped it'd be President Snow. But mostly because I kept remembering when he played the dad in Pride and Prejudice. And I liked that guy.
Mr. Bennet or Mr. President?
- All the scenes they added were fantastic. The tech aspects, the behind-the-scenes, all of it.
- I really liked the look of the Capitol & the Capitol people.
- Holy cow, if you get motion sick at all, take something before you go see the movie. Before Prim's name was even drawn I had my eyes closed and felt nauseous from all the shaky camera work. If I hadn't remembered that I had some Dramamine in my purse, I honestly think I would have had to leave. (I have some serious issues with motion sickness, though. Obviously, because who normally keeps Dramamine in their purse?)
- I wish there had been a little more time for some things. Just a few extra seconds to look at the other tribute's parade costumes, or see mud-Peeta. I thought they were cool, but if you blinked, you completely missed it.
- Without spoiling, I'll just say I was disappointed in the way the Katniss-Peeta relationship played out. I don't think they devoted enough time to it.
Have you seen it? What did you think?