But, movie plans aside, I've always sort of wanted to throw a Hunger Games-themed party. Not with violence (not fun) or lamb stew (I have no idea where you would buy lamb), but with stuff I already have. If you ever want to do the same, here are some ideas I came up with.
- cheese bread, for all you team Katniss fans
- pita chips with hummus and goat cheese, for all you Peeta (or Prim) people
- "wild dog," for anyone who likes Gale. Or hot dogs. Bonus points if you "shoot" it yourself. Double bonus points if you tell your party guests it's actually beef.
|Mystery meat, it's what's for dinner|
- President Snow cones. With tiger's blood flavoring.
- Cupcakes. Either people can show off their Peeta-like decorating skills and make some fancy cupcakes. Or, if your group is less into that, you could do camo cupcakes. Chocolate cake, lots of brown/green/blue frosting, maybe even hide a
green armytoy Peeta in one of them.
|If Gale were a baker...|
- Nerf archery. Or dart gun archery. Have people try to hit an apple out a pig's mouth. (Or off a fence post if you don't have a pig handy)
- Paint the beard on Seneca Crane, using balloon "faces" and markers. The crazier the colors the better. Or party guests and fake mustaches. If your group is super-skilled at this, you could try a blindfolded version.
- Tribute parade. Make up (ridiculous) industries for each guest, and then go to a thrift/dollar store and have people put together costumes. The best costume could win a camo cupcake.
- If you must have an aggression outlet, you could play that game where everyone ties their (Seneca Crane beard) balloon to their ankle, and then goes around trying to stomp on everyone else's balloon. Last person left with an inflated balloon wins. Maybe a camo cupcake. Don't make too many of those or you'll have to come up with ways to get rid of them.
So those were my