Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. In honor of Valentine's/Single Awareness Day, the topic is:

Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little 

In no particular order...

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford

Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

If I Stay by Gayle Foreman 

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

What were some of your favorite heart breakers? Or heart melters, since it is Valentine's and all...

12 comments:

  1. HP is on my list too, but the last book. Along with MOckingjay. I need to read Fault in our Stars.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-tuesdays-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I still can't believe I forgot THG on my list lol! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jellicoe Road and Daughter of Smoke and Bone are in my library pile! Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jellicoe Road is on my TBR list - I have a copy (picked it up last night actually!) and I'm planning on reading If I Stay this weekend - everyone says it's fabulous and heartbreaking all at once.


    Come see my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delirium definitely did it for me - cue the tears even now just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mockingjay made my list too. And, Half-Blood Prince would've, but Deathly Hallows was more traumatic for me. I cried like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to read If I Stay but I'm worried about it breaking my heart so I've kept away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta read some of these.

    I keep post poning Mockingjay cause I don't want the ache.

    Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO TRUE!! The Sky is Everywhere was so so emotional!! I love this book so so much!! Amazing list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't make a list today, but if I had, How To Say Goodbye in Robot would be on it. That one was so awesome and sad all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to read Delirium but have seen it on lots of list today. Maybe I should check it out. :)
    Hope you are having a wonderful valentines day.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a few in common, I'm reading The Fault with our Stars right now! The Sky is Everywhere is one of my favorite books ever :)


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete