Friday, February 24, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again

Normally I try to have a review posted each week, but this week I'm a little lacking. Mostly because I just finished our taxes for another year. If you're in the mood for a review, check out when I reviewed the 1040 Forms & Instructions last year.

And don't worry if taxes haven't crossed your mind yet. You have until April 17th this year, and I highly recommend going with one of the free file options.

I know most people take their taxes to someone else for doing, but it's sort of my thing to do them myself. It always makes me laugh when people look at me funny and say, "oh, we just take ours to some guy and he does them for us." (Occasionally I want to say that to them about their making their kids' clothes/canning/redoing furniture. "Oh, I just pay the store to do that for me.") Sometimes I wish I had a talent that lent itself more to displaying or being "traditionally girly," but I don't. So since I can't put it on pinterest or a craft blog or whatever, I get to write about it here. :)

Anybody else have a not-so-easily displayed talent or interest? Come share in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I think that's a great talent, and I'm sure your hubby appreciates it too. I am not very crafty, but I do enjoy canning. I can't really display that one either, but at least I enjoy looking at all the pretty bottles in my pantry after I've finished each year.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I like seeing the pictures of your canning adventures on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I do my own taxes too! Although in Australia, the tax office (the equivalent of the IRS I suppose) has a tax program they let you download which makes doing it super easy. Besides that, I don't like doing much except writing and I can display that all the time thank goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that my post was so American-centric. I guess I forget that people from other countries actually read my blog.
      I think writing is an awesome talent. I like hearing about your writing adventures.

      Delete
  3. I think it's awesome that you can do taxes so easily. I can figure out the federal ones but the state ones I hate sooooo bad! So, yeah, I'm one of those people who gets someone to do them for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shame in that! I agree that the Utah form is overly complicated (and then there's the flat tax that I don't like, but that's a whole different topic...) :)

      Delete
  4. Hey! Awesome talent. My talented husband does ours thankfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always nice when you don't have to pay someone to do them.

      Delete