Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Did anyone else have a hard time coming up with 10? Or, realize that author actually *had* written more books than you were aware of? No, just me?

Anyway, here are some authors I wish had written more books.

  • Jane Austen I haven't read all of her books, but I really enjoy them now that I'm not forced to read them in high school. I've even read Mansfield Park (although it's not my favorite of hers)
  • David McPhail He wrote my most favorite children's book of all time, Great Cat. I used to make up stories based on the pictures before I knew how to read. Turns out he's actually written/illustrated a whole bunch of other children's books. Who knew?
  • Natalie Standiford Ok, I thought How to Say Goodbye in Robot was one of her only books. Not even close. Although some of her books look like they're on the sillier end, I've added a bunch to my TBR.
  • Jandy Nelson I loved The Sky is Everywhere. As far as I know, that's all she's written. 
  • Suzanne Collins Mockingjay hasn't even been out two whole years yet, but I wonder if she'll write another series. Or if I'll love it as much.
  • JK Rowling Like Suzanne Collins, I wonder if she'll publish more books, or if there's just too much pressure after all the success of Harry Potter.
Who would you like to see another book from?

The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesdays. You can play along here.

10 comments:

  1. rowling is on my list too. I would love it if she were to right a 2nd series.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-tuesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested to see what Suzanne Collins comes up with too. Not to mention JK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know what else Suzanne Collins has up her sleeve (and, of course, J.K. Rowling). I think they might have to go completely different just to get away from comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would love more by both Jandy and Suzanne! Here's hoping they're writing even as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost put dead authors on my list, but I didn't think they'd count, lol. I also almost put Suzanne Collins on my list too. But, she has that other series. I need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO totally agree with JK Rowling and Suzanne Collins. I need more from these two brilliant writers ;) but yes, I can't imagine just how much pressure they must have on themselves to make another book BETTER than the last. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristina, me too! Or even just another book that wasn't Harry related. Maybe a children's book?

    Juju, I knew she would be popular. :)

    Jenny, yeah I wonder if she will stick with writing books. I guess her previous jobs were with TV.

    Melissa, I think completely different would be interesting. Have you read Suzanne Collins' other series? It's middle grade but has a lot of the war/death themes of The Hunger Games. Maybe that's her thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suey, I especially hope so for Jandy. I love good contemporary books!

    Jenni, I don't know if we were supposed to put dead authors on there or not. Oh well. :) Her other series was just ok for me.

    iLuvReading, I almost wish they would just put out anything to get a bad book or two out of their systems. Then they could go on to writing amazing things again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list :) I would like to see another book from Harper Lee! Doubt that will happen..

    ReplyDelete