Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF and Week in Review

Ginger at GReads hosts TGIF. Her question this week is: 

2012 Must Reads: Which books are at the top of your list 
to be read this year (new or old releases)?
 
 
I did a similar post recently, but I've read a few of those already. So, time for a new list.
 
Some oldies I haven't gotten to yet:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (I know, I know, it's shameful I haven't read it yet)
The Curse Workers series by Holly Black
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I want to reread it before the movie comes out)

 
The 2012 releases:
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (I actually just finished but want to read it again)

 
 
This week at Read This Instead:
I'll be hosting a Hunger Games reread-along! You can see the details here.

Happy Friday everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I really NEED to read Blood Red Road!

    I hope you enjoy the Book Thief. I loved that one, although I started it 3 times before I actually finished. (I'm not sure why I kept getting distracted from it.)

    Stop by my blog and check out this week's TGIF / Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I haven't read The Book Thief yet either. My copy arrived in the mail last week, so I'll definitely be starting on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read the Book Thief as well, it looks interesting, and Hunger games is awesome! Lots of good books coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Kathy, do I have to come sit down with you and make you read The Curse Worker series and The Book Thief? Cause I'll do it. ;) JK, I'm so behind on some books I have no room to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Hunger Games!! I really need to hurry up and read the Body Finder...
    My TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won Blood Red Road in a giveaway so I can't wait to get so I can read it! I also wanna finish THG before the movie, I will so check out the read-a-thon!

    new follower♥
    My TGIF & FF ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jac, I've heard from a few people that they had to start The Book Thief more than once. Maybe I'll wait until I've got a lot of time to focus on it.

    Alexa, I hope you like it!

    kelseykins, I agree. So many fun books are coming out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, apparently! I really need to get on a few of these older books.

    Jessi, I hope you like The Body Finder. I don't usually like paranormal, but I thought those were really interesting.

    Racquel, I hope you can do the read along. I love The Hunger Games, so I take any excuse to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I see Blood Red Road on that list! I can't wait to see how you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete