Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Hunger Games Reread-Along

Next Wednesday kicks off my Hunger Games reread-along! Each week until the movie comes out I'll read 3 chapters and then post some discussion questions. I put the schedule and the first questions up at my Hunger Games Reread-Along tab if you want to follow along. Since it's a reread-along, there will be spoilers for The Hunger Games (and possibly the whole series). I'll try to have the questions up a week or two in advance, because who actually needs 9 weeks to read The Hunger Games?

If you're interested in hosting a week on your blog, or have ideas for discussion questions let me know!

Here are the questions for chapters 1-3:

1. Were you surprised Prim and Peeta were picked in the reaping?

2. What did you think of Katniss' goodbye to her mom/Prim, Madge, and Gale? Did you expect them to be more emotional?

3. Peeta's parents aren't especially important in the rest of the series, but they do get some attention in the first couple chapters. What do you think they add to the story?

4. This better (not) be in the movie. (any scenes you would especially like/dislike seeing in the film)

5. Anything else that stuck out to you in the chapters?

3 comments:

  1. How did I not know you were doing this? I wish I could join in, but alas my reading time has greatly diminished this semester. I'll be lucky if I can get through one book a month. Last semester, last semester, last semester ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni, yay for your last semester! I just decided at the end of December to do a read along, so I don't expect a lot of people to participate. I just thought it would be fun. You can still follow along with the questions if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, how did I miss this? I mean, it's the HUNGER GAMES! Lol. I'll be joining in, but I'll have to start next week. :)

    ReplyDelete