Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Hunger Games Read-Along, Chapters 4-6

Sorry this post is late in going up! Everyone in my house is sick today, so.... We should have gotten our flu shots this season. Anyone else a big believer in flu shots?

Anyway, on to Chapters 4, 5, and 6.

We see a lot more of Haymitch, Effie, and Cinna in these chapters. Which one is your favorite?
If it's for all three books, Haymitch is my favorite. But for this part of The Hunger Games, it's Cinna. He's the only one of the three who seems to understand and want to help Katniss.

Katniss thinks the Capital people have so much time to focus on beauty and entertainment because they don't have to worry about food. Do you think that's accurate?
I suppose you have to spend your free time on something. I think that's true for a lot of the people in the Capital (or the modern US, if that's what the Capital represents). It's certainly easier to have time to focus on entertainment or how you/others look when you don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from, or washing your extravagant clothes by hand.

Katniss wonders if the Avox girl will "enjoy watching [her] die." Why do you think she assumes that?
I think Katniss assumes the girl is either vengeful, or as blood thirsty as everybody else. I think Katniss sees the Capital people as all one way. 

Thanks to thehob.org for
the picture

This better (not) be in the movie. (any scenes you would especially like/dislike seeing in the film)
I was so not expecting to see them waxing Katniss' legs in the movie, but the trailer shot that idea down. I know Katniss is hairy in the books, and I appreciated that about her, but I'd rather not see that brought to life.

Anything else that stuck out to you in the chapters?
If I had to choose between either being naked on live TV, or wearing a (hopefully flame-retardant) awesome black jumpsuit, I'd go with the jumpsuit. They're both the sort of things bad dreams are made of, but no nakey for me.

What did you think of chapters 4-6? Leave your thoughts in the comments, or if you posted on your blog leave a link & I'll stop by.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Hunger Games! The whole trilogy is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! It's crazy to start it from the beginning now that I know how it all ends. :)

      Delete