Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow Friday, Adventure Edition


Parajunkee and Alison Can Read host Follow Friday. You can play along here This week's question is:

Q: What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to get your hands on any particular book?

This one is easy! When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out my husband and I really wanted to do something for it. Our local bookstore held a big party, complete with face painting, "potions" demonstrations, fortune telling, etc. But they kick everyone out around 10:30 to line up outside for their books. And people get kind of hungry in that hour and a half wait.
Yeah, we look rough. It was like 3 in the morning.
So we decided to dress up as the snack trolley. We got a wagon and filled it with goodies and pop and went around with that. It was fun to talk to all the people waiting in line and get their predictions on how the book would end. (A car did drive by and yell "Dumbledore dies at the end!" which made everyone laugh. Guess he didn't realize he was a couple years too late with his spoiler)

18 comments:

  1. That sounds cool. I haven't done anything crazy for a book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! I didn't do anything for Harry Potter because I wasn't as obsessed with it when they first came out. I hope you have a happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far the best story I've read today!! I love the idea of the snack trolley!!


    Stop by and see my TGIF / Follow Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, that sounds like fun! xD HP. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower!

    How awesome! Harry Potter is definitely worth all the effort :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, great!
    Thanks for stopping by, following you back!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha that sounds hilarious! I wish I did cool stuff like that, I just pre-ordered Harry Potter:P

    Awesome post, new follower:D

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome answer! My crazy experience is with Harry Potter, too. :) Happy to be a new follower. :)

    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I don't think I've ever done anything exciting for a book. :( I bet you made a killing selling snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually did ok... good enough to buy us a copy of the book. :) That will probably be my first/last big outing for a book release.

      Delete
  10. Haha! That sounds awesome! Wish I was there too. I haven't read HP, but I need too! :)
    Have a happy friday! M FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, sorry for the spoiler in my post! Hopefully you'll forgot if/when you do get to the HP books.

      Delete
  11. you win!! this is definitely the craziest the answer I have seen so far! But it looks like you had so much fun! I love books so damn much but I don't think I will ever do that for anything xD and it's so cool you have a husband that's a fan too! that's lovely:D

    new follower♥
    My TGIF & FF((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really lucky my husband supports all my bookish interests. :) We had a lot fun that night (although we probably won't do anything like it again)

      Delete
  12. I've only been to one midnight release party... for HP#6. It was crazy but fun. However, after that, I decided that was enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. I think we took the day off work afterward, and it was in the summer. Kind of fun as a novelty. But I skipped the midnight party for Mockingjay, as much as I wanted the book.

      Delete
  13. That's so funny that you guys dressed up! I'd love to do that!

    Thanks for following Pretty in Fiction. Following you back!

    ReplyDelete