If you're looking for a good contemporary read, these were the best ones I read this year.
10. Happyface by Stephen Emond
9. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
8. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
7. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
6. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford
5. The Ruby Oliver series (starting with The Boyfriend List) by e. lockhart
4. Paper Towns by John Green
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
2. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
What were some of your favorite contemporary books this year?