Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best of 2011 - Contemporary

In my first year of book blogging I realized I have two favorite YA genres, contemporary and dystopian. And since I read so many of both, they get their own "best of" list this year.
If you're looking for a good contemporary read, these were the best ones I read this year.

10. Happyface by Stephen Emond

9. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt


8. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler


7. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson


6. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford


5. The Ruby Oliver series (starting with The Boyfriend List) by e. lockhart



4. Paper Towns by John Green


3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



2. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr


1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


What were some of your favorite contemporary books this year?

3 comments:

  1. K, I agree with every single one you have on hear that I've read too. I guess that means I REALLY need to get to the ones I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, now I'm curious which ones you haven't read. I liked Happyface & Why We Broke Up especially because they had pictures. I'm not sure how much those would appeal to you. But I highly recommend all the other ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read The Boyfriend List and absolutely loved it. Loved Jellicoe Road and Anna and the French Kiss, too. I really want to read Sweethearts and How to Say Goodbye in Robot; good to see that they are great reads!

    ReplyDelete