Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scary Stories


Since the weather got all cold and Fall/Winter-like out here, I've been in a Halloween type mood. So I decided I'll feature some Halloweeeny books for October. I already posted about Lola and the Boy Next Door, which we all know is actually about amazing costumes. So it works.

Up next I've got Variant, which features a creepy, evil school. And then Anna Dressed in Blood, a ghost story so far out of my reading comfort zone that I'm also enjoying. But I need at least one more!

So that's where I turn to you, amazing blog readers. What are some of your favorite Halloween-y books? They can be actual scary books, kids books, books with vampires/zombies/werewolves that aren't really about Halloween (Harry Potter, Twilight, you get the idea)

3 comments:

  1. Great question! I've been working on that. Currently I'm listening to the Coraline audio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju, I saw the Coraline movie and it seriously freaked me out. And I'm in my late 20's. That would be a perfect Halloween book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I hope you love Anna Dressed in Blood! I've heard so many good things about it, and am excited to read it myself.

    As for a recommendation: I haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to reading THIS DARK ENDEAVOR by Kenneth Oppel. It's the book of the month over at Novel Novice, and their features have been awesome! It's about a young Victor Frankenstein, and is supposed to compliment the original Frankenstein, with a look at how Victor he got that way he is in Frankenstein. I think it's going to be great!

    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9779094-this-dark-endeavor

    ReplyDelete