Monday, October 10, 2011

The Death Cure Predictions

The Death Cure by James Dashner comes out tomorrow! My husband and I have enjoyed reading the series, so I thought it'd be fun to try to predict how it all ends. Play along and post your predictions in the comments.

**Major spoilers for The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials**

WICKED is.... 
bad. I've kind of thought that from the beginning.

Theresa is.... 
also bad. She did sort of beat the crap out of Thomas, so....

Shipping?
These aren't really kissy books, so I don't know that anyone will end up together. Brenda did seem to have a thing for Thomas, but I still think she's in on the whole WICKED plot. Otherwise she was sort of inexplicably, strongly forward-y, into him.

What's really going on?
I don't know. I don't think Thomas is dying from the flare, or going crazy. I have a sort of "Truman Show" theory that Thomas is the only one they're watching and everyone else is in on it (especially Brenda). Rusty thinks they're going to try to use the guy & girl gladers as breeders. (yuck)

What's the building on the cover?
My guess is WICKED headquarters, in a cold, snowy place. I don't think the whole world is scorched. I still think the whole Scorch Trials was as set up as the maze.

Who will die?
Various nameless gladers that I'm not attached to, Theresa, the rat man, maybe Minho.

What crazy creation will they fight at the end of the book?
Evil Thomas trains? Maybe abominable snowmen.

Anything else you want to add?
Answer the questions or put any other predictions in the comments. If you've read an ARC of The Death Cure, please don't post spoilers as "predictions."

4 comments:

  1. Nice post! I actually have no idea where things are heading, so I can't wait to just read it and hopefully be wowed by it. I like your Truman show theory though... Theresa and Minho dying? Aw... that would be awful, but yeah I definitely expect some horrible stuff to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ideas so far most of the predictions are accurate

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason is say that is because I am reading the book

    ReplyDelete