Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels


The Broke & the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday. This week the topic is Sequels We're Dying to Read.
1. The Death Cure by James Dashner. (10/11/11) I have no idea how he's going to wrap that one up.

2. Goliath by Scott Westerfeld. (9/20/11) I've had this one from Galley Grab and haven't gotten around to it yet. But it expires in 2 weeks, so I better get cracking!

3. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. (3/6/12) Delirium had such a cliffhanger.

4. Surrender by Elana Johnson. (6/5/12) I thought Possession ended perfectly, so this companion book better not mess with it!

5. Lola & the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. (9/29/11) Another companion novel, but everyone seems to love it better than the original.

6. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. (12/6/11) The TMI series didn't do much for me, but I really liked Clockwork Angel. And this one should be the Jem book, so that's a good thing.

7. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter. (already out) I liked Heist Society and how it was different from what I usually read.

8. The Savage Grace by Bree Despain. (3/13/12) I didn't love the first book in the series, but somewhere into the second one I got involved in the story & now I have to know how it ends.

9. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting. (4/17/12) I really like these slightly creepy, slightly cheesy books.

10. Matched #3. (11/12?) I have some thoughts on how it will all end, so I want to know if I'm right!

What sequels are you excited for?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by!

    Nice list! I'm still waiting for Crossed and you are already anticipating the next book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!

    Glad to hear you liked The Lost Saint even better than The Dark Divine. I loved the first book but haven't had a chance to read the sequel. I still haven't read Possession or the second Body Finder book either. I have some sequels to catch up on!

    Hope you enjoy all the books on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matched #3???? I'm so jealous! I haven't even read 2 yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matched 3? I'm still waiting for 2 :) But I feel ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to smile at your experience with the Bree Despain books because I've done the same thing before. I didn't like the first book but got sucked in on the second and now I'm dying for more. (Need series)

    I just started the MI series and I'm curious what I'll end up thinking. Even if I hate them I'll read Clockwork Angel because it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one thing I've realized about working in publishing... read a book you like before it's out, it a seriously long wait until you get the next one! Super jealous that you've already dug your claws into Crossed though.

    I'm a little worried about Possession... companion books always worry me... but I'm looking forward to it regardless!

    Feel free to come by and check out my Top Ten List as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selina, I know. That's the one bad thing about reading a book early. The wait for the next one is extra long!

    readingdate, thanks! The second Body Finder was pretty good, but I didn't think it was as creepy as the first. Happy reading!

    Book Love 101, lol. You're welcome to sign up for my book tour if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juju, I saw you signed up for my Crossed tour (but I need some more info from you if you're still interested)

    Jenny, I thought the Clockwork book was like a better, cleaner version of the TMI books. I don't know if anyone else feels that way, but most people like the TMI books to begin with. :)

    K, it's so true! I basically never get ARC's, so it's new to me. I hope the Possession companion book is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic list! I still haven't read Uncommon Criminals though I hope to read it this week. I love anything Ally Carter writes.

    Thanks for the heads up for the publication date for The Savage Grace. It is March 2012 and I must have seen the wrong date somewhere or gotten it mixed up with another novel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and I have some in common! I'm jealous that you've already read Crossed. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pathetic because 1. I still haven't read The Maze Runner, 2. I'm dying to read Delirium!! Agh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for Pandemonium!
    And I haven't read Crossed yet, so I'm excited for that.

    ReplyDelete