Monday, September 26, 2011

Some Utah Bookish Things

A couple weeks ago was the Utah Book Blogger Social. Suey from It's All About Books and Emily from Emily's Reading Room put the party together, and it was a lot of fun! There was a pot luck with some delicious things, a book exchange, and time to chat. Also, there were a bunch of Crossed ARCs up for grabs. (If you're a Utah blogger, you should totally come to these things!) The group was smaller, so I got the chance to talk to everyone a little. There really are some great bloggers around here!

And now you can put some faces with some great blogs:

 In green, with her back to the camera is Suey, then Jenny from Alternate Readality, Julia from Writing Jewels, Becky from One Literature Nut, Penelope from The Reading Fever, and Emily (and kiddo).
 Natasha from Maw Books, Lorren from The Story Girl, and Mr. Lorren. If my husband were home now he would remind me of Lorren's husband's name. They kept track of the BYU game for us. Scott. (good thing he's wearing a name tag)











Hey look, it's a better picture of Suey, Jenny, and Julia. There were a few more people there, but somehow I only managed to take three pictures.





Then this past Saturday, I went to the Forever Young Adult-created Provo book club. You guys, if you live in Utah County and want to join a book club, you should totally come! And if you don't live in UT check that link & see if there's a book club near you.

Saturday was only the second meeting, it's a small group, and it's not one of those "I don't want to go because I won't know anybody" type of deals. Lorren (from the social), Karen from Book Light Graveyard, me, and a really nice lady named Jamie made up the whole group.

So here's what you need to know:
FYA Provo book club
Next meeting: Saturday, Oct. 22 at 2 PM
At: The Cocoa Bean in Provo (by Burger Supreme)
The book of the month: The Book Thief

And we all know you either like The Book Thief or haven't read it yet. (I haven't read it yet, but I'm picking it up this week. Please tell me I'm not the only one)

11 comments:

  1. how fun - I am so sad I missed it! I was up to my elbows in making and canning salsa.

    The book club sounds nice. :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm sad I couldn't go. My kitty has taken a lot of my time away from things lately, though. I figure his health is more important. :) I'm glad you had a good time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for book social pictures! I didn't take any, so it's good to see some.

    And I want to second the FYA shout out: COME! We love people! And The Cocoa Bean is full of delicious treats! The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking group! :) So glad you came!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It WAS nice putting faces to blogs wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, pics! I had such a good time talking there! :)

    About the book club: I may be interested in joining! I'm not sure if I can stomach The Book Thief, though...I tried last year, and didn't pick it back up after putting it down. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I meant to tell you that you are welcome to borrow Drink, Slay, Love, if you want to read it. Just let me know when/if you want to, and I can drop it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Book Thief if great! You will love it (: I'm glad you joined book clubs, they look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, too bad you couldn't make it! Maybe I'll get to meet you at the next one. :)

    Juju, I'm really lucky there are so many bloggers close by (and that they get together) :)

    Jenni, that's so sad about your cat. I hope it gets feeling better.

    LL, so true! those treats are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suey, thanks for putting it together! My whole family had fun (my son especially loved the root beer!)

    Jenny, it was! It was fun to meet you.

    Penelope, it would be great if you could make it to book club. I didn't actually finish the book for this past month (I didn't care for it). But it was fun to chat about books. I would say don't feel like you have to read the book if it's not for you.

    Katie, thanks. It was fun. And I'm excited to start The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete