Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW 2011: Community

Since I just started blogging about six months ago, I didn't know what BBAW was. But now that I know it's a chance to highlight awesome bloggers, I want to play, too!

Today's topic is community and I'd like to spotlight a couple of bloggers who are just plain awesome and have been super nice to me as I've started my blog.

First, LL from The Story Girl. She read my blog when it was brand-spanking new and I'm pretty sure she was the first non-family commenter. I got to meet her at the Utah Book Blogger social on Saturday, and she is the nicest person! (and I'm jealous of her pretty hair) Also, her husband kept my husband updated on the score of the BYU-Texas game, so they are some of our new favorite people.

And, Jenny from Alternate Readality. Jenny started blogging right around the same time I did. And she is hilarious. There's so much personality in each of her posts. She's funny when she likes a book, she's (really) funny when she hates a book, and she's funny when she has discussion posts. Basically, she's funny all the time. I got to meet her on Saturday, too.

I hate to only highlight two, but  maybe with such a short list you'll get a chance to visit their blogs and see how great they are! Thanks to all the wonderful bloggers who have made starting a book blog so fun.

10 comments:

  1. I just checked out The Story Girl's blog. Looks fun. I'll have to follow her and check her out more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Jenny is a favorite of mine. I'll have to check out The Story Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wasn't aware of either of these, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, she has a fun blog. And didn't even realize she was local until the social this weekend.

    Melissa, Jenny really is great. :)

    Parrish, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love today's post because it's such a fun way to find out about other bloggers and connect and give back! I'm SO jealous you have a blogger group for your state. Florida needs to up their game like now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks. I didn't think I was THAT funny. I do try to be funny if I'm going to be mean, though. It was fun meeting you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am stopping by to visit your blog via the list of posts for Day one

    Please Stop by My Blog if you Like

    The book blog community is so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you are way too nice. It was fun to meet you this weekend too! Looking forward to the FYA book club in a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =D

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I feel really lucky. There are a lot of great bloggers close by me. :)

    Jenny, I still stand by my assessment of your hilariousness. :)

    mel u, thanks! I'll stop by.

    LL, me too! I'll even try to remember to bring my camera.

    Mr. Lonely, thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to return the visit.

    ReplyDelete